I don’t know how often I share my testimony with others, most definitely not as much as I should. As I sat and earnestly listened to the Prophet and Apostles speak to the World a fire built up inside me. How blest we are in these days to have a Prophet who speaks to God.
As I sat in the conference center waiting for conference and noticed…the seats were not all filled. I looked at my clock…5 min before we were about to hear from the Prophets and Apostles of God and the seats were not filled. From the very depths of my soul I wanted to scream out! DON’T YOU PEOPLE KNOW WHAT WE HAVE!!! I wanted to go and pull people off the streets and bring them in to listen. As the session was coming to a close I noticed something else…tons and tons of people getting up to leave early, to do what...beat traffic? This KILLED me! I don’t know why I was noticing this now and not before but this truly resonated in me. I again was thinking, 2 weekends out of an entire year and you try and cut the time because you want to miss a little bit of traffic? Sometimes I think as members of the church we take our knowledge and the things we are blessed with for granted. With this experience I decided to take a look at the truths I hold dear and in what ways do I take my knowledge of the restored gospel for granted and how I can improve. One way I take it for granted is by not sharing my testimony as often as I should. I am not an eloquent speaker and it may be simple but this testimony is mine and I hold it very dear to me and today I wish to share it with you. Never in my life have I received so much joy, peace, and comfort from knowledge than I have from knowing these things.
I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was something I truly sought after. I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves me so much that he sent His son so that I may dwell with them in Heaven. How blessed I feel to have Prophets and Apostles who speak to God and give the world His knowledge and teachings so that we might be perfected through Him who redeems us. I am grateful for the opportunity that we are all given to develop our relationship with our Heavenly Father to be able to know Him so personally and to be able to receive personal revelation. I am thankful for the temples that we have that we can go and feel the presence of God and to feel the sweet spirit that is there. I am so excited for the day that I will be able to make sacred covenants with Him that I might draw closer to Him and move forward on my path to eternal salvation. I am eternally grateful for the many sacrifices and the incredible faith of Joseph Smith who withstood persecution because he knew the truth in which he held and because of that the world was able to receive the Saviors gospel as it was restored correctly in these last days.
I know that My Redeemer Lives. I know that God talks to men in these latter days and that President Monson is the Prophet of God here on earth. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and is so very aware of our lives and has His hand in guiding our path. If we but let Him in, He can do far greater things with our lives than we could possibly imagine. I am so grateful for the peace and the comfort that He and His teachings bring to my life. No matter who you are, what you have done He loves you…more than our minds can comprehend. “We are nothing compared to God, but to God we are EVERYTHING.” I know these things are true for I have sought after it. I say these things in the name of My Savior and Redeemer, Amen.





No comments:
Post a Comment