Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Stronger (What doesn't kill you)

Wow! What an adventure I have been on. My life has taken some very interesting twists and turns in the past two years and how grateful I am that it has placed me here in Russia!

So much has happened in the last month it blows my mind! I have met some incredible life changing people. When I met the group of teachers that I would be working with I immediately knew my life wouldn't be the same and as I started to get to know them each I was convinced that we had all been placed in this exact situation for a reason. I wish I could explain it better than some cheesy cliche phrase but it is so true. There are two people here that I have become close with and I am so grateful to have them here.

First is Suzy fricken Andrews! Her nickname is the worst but we mean it in the absolutely best way because being a 100% honest she is the best! Where to begin about this girl! My sister from another mister! An outstanding human being extremely hard working and so intelligent! I absolutely adore her! She is such a strong beautiful and incredible woman! A great missionary who is not afraid of her beliefs. She has a heart of gold always concerned about other people. She is going to do so many marvelous and great things in her life. A truly impressive person. She is HILARIOUS!!! The type of person everyone loves to be around! A natural leader and light to other people! I am currently trying to convince her to move down to California to live with me and have an anazing Californian summer experience! I love her tons!

Then there is Mark, hahaha oh Markus! We have been placed together as sort of a teaching team. He is the only boy in our group needless to say he is one brave man. Man do I adore this kid! He is like my brother that treats me well haha. Most definitely a classy gentleman. The girls in our group just love having him around but idk how it is the other way around (jokes). Due to the fact that we spend a great amount of time together I have had the pleasure of getting to know him quite well in such a short amount of time and I can't say enough wonderful things about him. He is a marvelous example of what a friend should be. He is extremly talented. I have learned so much about trust, understanding, support, compassion and acceptance from his example. One thing I really appreciate about him is his desire to know, understand, learn and discover. He makes people want to learn more about the world, other peoples thought processes and belief systems. I love his views and opinions on things and the fact that he has those views and opinions because he studied it out and formed it for himself and he inspires other people to do the same. He has such an easy personality to get along with! (and he has to marry my best friend) Love the kid!


My natural inclination when I start getting too close to people is to push back and not let people get too close. One of my biggest fears is to be suspended into the unknown with such great vulnerability and not knowing if I am going to make it to the other side safely or if I'm going to have miscalculated and hit disappointment. Obviously to most it sounds obsurd but it is something I promise myself I will change work on and get over but everytime I get to this point I struggle to stay in it. How easy is it to just keep making new friends? Always having new adventures, keeping yourself safe and happy. I feel as though now more than ever is the time to change. The fact that I am in Russia and making friends and being social is ten times more difficult but also the people that are here that I have started creating friendships with are incredible people. I feel like I have already learned and grown so much since being here. As I evaluate my life I truly feel blessed for the opportunities and experiences that I have had. I love being in St.Petersburg. It is more than I could have imagined and I hope that I can make the most out of what God has given me. I know that as I overcome the things that hold me back from progressing I will be able to become a far greater person and that I will be able to help people along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment